Frequently Asked Questions
Is transportation included to the Britannia Mine Museum?
- No, all guests must get to the museum on their own. The best way to get to the museum is to drive.
- The museum is located on the Sea to Sky Highway - 10 minutes south of Squamish or 45 minutes north of Vancouver on your way to Whistler.
- Parking is free at the museum
Is the Britannia Mine Museum suitable for the whole family?
Yes! The museum is fun for the whole family, however please take note of the following in regards to children:
- There must be one adult for every child aged 3 and under when participating in the underground portion of the tour
- Children may notice the dark, cold, damp and noisy conditions of the tunnel more than an adult. Please judge accordingly your decision to take young children underground. The Admissions Staff can give you helpful suggestions and options.
- All children must wear a hard hat (All guests must wear a hard hat)
- Parent/Guardians will be provided with earplugs for themselves so that they can cover a child’s ears during the short but loud demonstrations.
How much time should I plan to explore the Britannia Mine Museum?
We recommend to plan for 1.5 – 2 hours to fully explore and experience the museum
What should I wear?
Wear comfortable shoes and consider bringing a sweater or light jacket for the underground tour
Is the Britannia Mine Museum wheelchair accessible?
Due to the nature of the original building, and being a National Historic Site, the underground tour is not wheelchair accessible. However the rest of the site, including the Mill building where you see BOOM! and all exhibits, are wheelchair accessible.