Controller / Dispatcher (Hop-On, Hop-Off)
Application Deadline : August 1, 2019
Start Date : Approx. March 2019
End Date : Approx. December 31, 2019
Work Hours : 40 hours/week
Wages : TBD
Department : Operations
WESTCOAST Sightseeing is currently hiring for the position of Controller / Dispatcher. As a Controller, you will be a part of our Downtown Vancouver Operations Team, which include the responsibility of directing and monitoring the day-to-day route operations.
YOUR WORK WILL INCLUDE :
- Planning, executing and coordinating the day-to-day operations of tour drivers and other employees.
- Organizing and conducting activities to ensure safe, cost-effective, on-time operating performance.
- Communicating challenges to Drivers, Tour Guides and Managers as appropriate
- Monitoring radio, telephone and on-road provision of service for quality service
- Maintaining an up-to-date listing of buses and assigned drivers
- Completing a daily report of activity
WHAT WE’LL LOVE ABOUT YOU :
- You love Vancouver and you want to share it with the world
- You have a friendly and outgoing personality with a professional demeanor
- You work equally well individually and as part of a team
- You have a very ﬂexible schedule and enjoy working outside of the typical 9 to 5
- You have great verbal communication skills (maybe in a few different languages!) Extensive knowledge of Downtown Vancouver and surrounding areas
- Being able to work between the hours of 06:00 – 18:00, on the weekend and on holidays
- Schedule is subject to change based on operational requirements
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours a day and to work outside
- Prior customer service/ dispatch/ supervising experience
- Prior experience in a bus and/or sightseeing company is an asset
- Must have a smartphone
- You are able to work with Google Docs/ Forms and other applications
- You have a Class 2 driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement (not an asset)
SOME OF THE AMAZING PERKS WE OFFER :
- Free admission for you and a guest to over 90 attractions offered through the Tourism Challenge Privilege pass.
- Invitations to tourism industry events, parties, networking opportunities, and familiarization tours.
- Free tours and discounts for yourself, friends and family
- Employee referral incentives
- Flexible schedule